Senior Quantity Surveyor
Fit Out Division
£Negotiable + Package
As the company looks to expand it’s fit out presence in the market there is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our hands on, pro-active team and be a fundamental part of taking the company to the next level.
Spanning seven decades, Lucas has established itself as an industry leading, award winning fit out and finishing specialist with a reputation for delivering high quality projects, on time and to budget for the market’s leading blue-chip clients and contractors.
The company’s mantra is “pushing boundaries to deliver the best” and its culture is underpinned by its core values: -
• Excellent & Prompt Service
• Quality & Reliability
• Innovation & Lean
Working from the company’s projects (mainly in the London area) and it’s Wrotham headquarters, you will be reporting to the Fit Out Commercial Operations Director and working closely with the Construction Director and will be responsible for all day-to-day commercial aspects of the projects under your remit.
Typical project duties will include, but not be limited to, closely working with the project teams to ensure timely and efficient procurement of subcontract packages and materials, submitting upstream valuations, managing downstream valuations and payment notices to the supply chain, managing project cashflow and ensuring accurate CVRs. The ability to efficiently and successfully negotiate and close out final accounts both upstream and downstream will be essential.
To help us ensure an ongoing pipeline of work you will also be required to assist in the bidding and winning of projects and this may involve take offs, sending enquiries out, obtaining subcontractor prices and managing the tender process through to submission, post tender interview and pre-start meetings.
Ensuring ongoing good relations and rapport with customers and suppliers will be essential as will the ability to work closely with our internal teams. The company operates a close-knit, hands on management approach and you will therefore interface with multiple company departments and individuals including the directors, FD, head office accounts, project support and the logistics team.
As a key team player performing in a role, vital to the company’s future, the successful candidate will possess a team-spirited, can-do attitude with a determination to succeed and have excellent leadership and people skills.
To ensure maximum efficiency and value, the company adopts a “continual improvement” programme in all of it’s operations. This is part of our Lean journey to ensure future success and in your role input will be expected to assist in the ongoing improvement and streamlining of processes within the business.
What you need to Succeed
• Experience in Quantity Surveying
• Good understanding of fit out & construction
• May have BSC Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent (HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction related subject)
• Works well as part of a wider team, able to build collaborative and sustainable relationships across the company.
• Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, along with excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Subscribe to high standards and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent analytical skills and conversant with good reporting methodology.
• Excellent IT skills and fully conversant with MS Word/Excel.
• A knowledge of Sage/Construct would be useful but not essential.
• Your own transport would be an advantage for head office days
To apply for this job please provide your details and information below